NB! Contest submissions are closed – we have received 95 book dummies from over 30 countries of the world! Thanks for all the Authors for taking part!
ISSP in collaboration with Riga Photo Month 2014 invite you to submit your photobook dummy for the SELF PUBLISH RIGA contest and exhibition in May 2014!
The shortlisted dummies will be a part of the SELF PUBLISH RIGA exhibition, one of the central events of Riga Photo Month 2014.
We are keen to receive hand-made, self-published, limited edition photobooks, artist books and book dummies from all over the world! Submitting your book to the contest is completely free!
Ania Nalecka, photobook designer (Poland)
Juris Petraškevičs, professor, Graphic Art Dep., Art Academy of Latvia (Latvia)
Markus Schaden, founder of the Schaden publishing house (Germany)
Matt Johnston, founder of The Photobook Club (United Kingdom)
Nico Baumgarten, independent photographer and bookmaker (Germany)
Teun van der Heijden, photobook designer (Netherlands)
Awards and promotion
- The main winner will be awarded a free place at the International Summer School of Photography 2014 at a workshop of their choice;
- The authors of the three best contest entries will receive individual portfolio consultations (through Skype or in person) with the jury members;
- A selection of shortlisted dummies will be part of the exhibition in Riga, as well as featured online;
- The Top Ten will receive a special online feature promoted by the jury members and partners.
- A special prize from Antalis “From Dummy to Print” providing materials and covering the costs of the printing will be awarded to a Latvian book dummy selected by the Antalis team.
The paper photobook dummy must be classified as a dummy book. This can either be a scrapbook dummy, or a self-published book with an edition size of under 50. Books with a registration number (ISBN) are not considered dummies and will not make it to the shortlist.
Please fill in the Contest Entry Form electronically, print it out and send it together with your book. On the form, please indicate whether you would like your dummy to be returned afterwards or if you agree to donate it to the ISSP library to use for educational purposes. If you wish your dummy to be returned, you must include a self-addressed and stamped envelope.
By submitting your work you grant us permission to exhibit your dummy photobook during Riga Photo Month 2014 and to use it for promotional purposes. Visitors of the exhibition will be able to browse the shortlisted photobook dummies.
Send us your paper photobook dummy together with the filled in and printed-out CONTEST ENTRY FORM
ISSP (please indicate “book dummy contest” on the parcel)
Raiņa bulvāris 31 - 11
Riga LV 1050
Submission deadline: The dummy must arrive in Riga by 20 April (delivery date!)