For the ISSP 2019 public programme of talks, lectures and the Final Conference, see here.
ISSP 2019 "Photography & the World" edition is focused on reflection and discussion, questioning the role of photography in the world today and trying to determine various ways art can contribute to society. The main components of the programme are individual and group work in one of the six workshops, contributions from invited guests in the form of lectures and talks, and evening presentations by ISSP tutors and participants. One afternoon will be dedicated to one-to-one meetings with the ISSP tutors and guests.
- Julian Stallabras - lecturer, writer, curator - "War and Photographic Speed"
- John Jordan - activist, founder of Re-Claim the Streets - "Art and Activism in the age of the Anthropocene: a handful of principles of creative resistance" (via skype)
- Duane Michals - "Photography and Reality" (via skype)
- Marc Mouarkech - director, Arab Image Foundation - “Politics of Representation”
- Oriana Eliçabe - Enmedio Collective Barcelona - "Photography as direct action. Tactics and principles of radical imagination".
ISSP will also host a few special guests who will be involved in the individual meetings with the participants and some other parts of the programme: Emma Bowkett (curator, editor of FK Weekend Magazine), Krzystof Czandrowitz (curator, organiser of Lodz Fotofestiwal), Audrey Hoareau (artistic director, Circulation(s) 2019), and others.
ISSP 2019 will conclude with a day-long open conference containing elements of a pop-up exhibition, a performance, installation, and a manifest. A special publication will be produced on the campus by a dedicated editorial team - Nico Baumgarten, Nicolas Polli, Katherine October Matthews, Helen Korpak
The ISSP daily schedule is no short of intense. A usual day at the campus will consist of a morning lecture by one of the invited experts, work in your workshop, evening talks and presentations by ISSP tutors and fellow participants, all complemented by getting to know colleagues from around the world and enjoying the natural surroundings of the campus. Every morning early birds will be able to partake in various physical activities offered by volunteers. Come evening, we will open the legendary ISSP bar, run by the team and volunteers. After the final day-long conference, we will conclude the camp with a joint roundup on what we have learned and where we can go from here.
ISSP 2019 opening: 12 July 3 pm
ISSP 2019 closure & departures: 20 July 6 pm