Looking for a writer-editor to join ISSP 2019 team
International Summer School of Photography 2019 is looking for a writer-editor to join our editorial super-team responsible for producing a special publication within the ISSP 2019 edition "Photography and the World" in Zaļenieki Castle, 12-20 July 2019.
- experienced & at ease with writing, ideally with a journalistic background;
- impeccable written English (native speaker or equal);
- excellent communication skills;
- excited about the subject;
- for reasons of team gender balance we are looking for a woman (sorry guys!).
The preparatory work will start already in March and shall be completed with the release of the Publication on the last day of the ISSP.
- an opportunity to create exciting content in an excellent team (other editorial team members: Nico Baumgarten, Nicolas Polli);
- up to EUR 200 travel expenses and full board at the ISSP campus;
- a honorarium of EUR 500.
To apply - please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description of why you are interested and your prior related experience (CV) by 8 March.
More info on ISSP2019: here
You are welcome to ask us for details - email@example.com!
30. maijā plkst. 19.00 aicinām uz ISSP Skolas 2018. g. absolventu izstādes "Tapt pārtapt" atklāšanu! Izstāde ir šā gada Rīgas Fotomēneša notikums un līdz 22. jūnijam būs apskatāma jaunajā radošajā kvartālā Tallinas ielā 6.
We are happy to announce the list of selected participants for ISSP 2018 - an impressive group of emerging photographers and curators from over 30 countries of the world! We are super grateful to our evaluation experts - Paola Paleari (YET Magazine), Katherine Oktober Matthews (GUP Magazine), LisaPremiyak (The Calvert Journal) and Louise Clemens (Format Festival) for helping us in the tough task of choosing amongst almost 200 high quality applications! Looking forward for confirmations and for seeing you in Latvia this summer!
We're excited to announce the winners of the Self Publish Riga 2018 dummy contest! First prize goes to "Daffodil" by Bahadir Aksan (Turkey), a Jury Special Mention to "Y Minsk" by Alexey Naumchik (Belarus) and the prize for best Baltic dummy goes to "Olga" by Zanda Puče (Latvia).
No 10. maija līdz 3. jūnijam ISSP Galerijā notiks SELF PUBLISH RIGA - izstāde, lekcijas un prezentācijas, veltītas fotogrāmatām un pašizdošanaI fotogrāfijā un vizuālajā mākslā, viens no galvenajiem Rīgas Fotomēneša notikumiem, ko jau ceturto reizi rīko ISSP.
From May 10 till June 3 ISSP Gallery will host SELF PUBLISH RIGA - an exhibition, public lectures and presentations, dedicated to photobooks and self-publishing, organised by ISSP as part of Riga Photomonth.
25. aprīlī, plkst 18.30 ISSP Galerija un "Together and Apart" kuratoru komanda aicina uz sarunu vakaru. Latvijas paviljona Venēcijas arhitektūras biennālē kuratoru stāstījums “Daudzdzīvokļu nami Latvijas ainavā” sniegs ieskatu izstādes gatavošanas procesā un pievērsīsies fotogrāfijas nozīmei tajā. Latvijas paviljonam Venēcijā fotogrāfiju sērijas ar daudzdzīvokļu namiem veidojuši Ieva Raudsepa un Reinis Hofmanis.
Dear all, the applications to ISSP 2018 are now officially closed, the only exception being a special workshop for curators "Curating Photography: A Laboratory of Ideas, Projects and Practices" by Natasha Christia - applications for this workshop are still accepted until 15 April 2018! We received over 190 applications for the ISSP 2018, to be evaluated by our dear partners from Calvert Magazine, YET and GUP Magazines and Format photography festival - very excited!
We are happy to announce the third edition of the SELF PUBLISH RIGA photobook dummy contest! Exciting news – this year we have teamed up with Kaunas Photography Gallery, printing house KOPA and Antalis LT &Antalis LV to publish the winning dummy! Additionally, the author of the best dummy from the Baltic states will be awarded a free place at the International Summer School of Photography 2018 at workshop of their choice. Send us your dummy by 30 April, and take part in one of the central events of the Riga Photomonth 2018!
We are happy to announce an opportunity for photographers and image-makers who are close to completing a project and want to start working towards a publication! A crash course in the complete process of making a photobook: from building up a visual narrative through theoretical tools to practical skills in binding and laying down a production. During 6 days, participants will create their own book dummy under the guidance of inspiring tutors Valentina Abenavoli and Alex Bocchetto, founders of the independent AKINA books publishing house.
The workshop is happening in Riga 28.04 - 03.05.2018. Apply by April 6!
Nākošnedēļ Kuldīgā norisināsies ISSP Starptautiskās meistarklases sessija - aicinām uz lielisko programmas pasniedzēju un dalībnieku atvērtām lekcijām un darbu pezentācijām Kuldīgā no 12. - 15. martam!
As part of the ISSP International Masterclass 2018/2019 first session in Kuldīga, talks and presentations by programme tutors and participants are open to all lovers of photography and image-based art from 12 to 15 March!